ASSOS EQUIPE RS Bib Shorts S9 TARGA
WHAT IT IS
Our flagship WorldTour bib shorts for racing, dedicated training, and cyclists who appreciate how meticulous engineering and refined equipment can help athletes achieve higher performance.
WHY WE MADE IT
The “TARGA” classification indicates a foundational redesign of our EQUIPE RS S9 platform. The reengineering process increased performance and comfort, shed unnecessary bulk and grams, and decreased drying time—which ensures perspiration doesn’t add mid-ride weight by lingering in textiles. We also incorporated a panel of Ossidia material across the lower abdomen, adding stretch to better accommodate aggressive bike positions, expand with deep breathing during hard efforts, and relieve pressure for taller cyclists seeking an aerodynamic, second-skin fit. WHEN/HOW TO USE IT
As our flagship model, the EQUIPE RS S9 TARGA is built for racing and high-intensity training. Pair with the EQUIPE RS TARGA jersey to complete your start-line equipment.
Type.441 is a gently compressive, silky smooth material that feels more abrasion-resistant than your typical bib short material because it is. It also actively cools while protecting against UV rays and resisting odor. Ossidia is a high-stretch material that enhances breathability while strategically relieving pressure on sensitive areas. CONSTRUCTION/FIT
Our AEPD racingFit realized for bib shorts with our standard leg length. Every fabric panel, strap, and stitch is engineered for stability, comfort, and second-skin performance. ASSOS shorts are legendary; this fit design is why. ENGINEERING
- A-Lock Engineering: Our rollBar bib straps, modified ergoBox, and one-piece Butterfly panel join forces as your weight transfers in the saddle, ensuring frictionless comfort and stability during high-output efforts.
- Carbon Xbib: An A-frame suspension design that limits vertical stretch in the rear, ensuring a confident fit and stabilizing the chamois and anchoring the A-Lock system. Dual-face Carbon material reduces drying time compared to the previous, single-side applications.
- Superlight Leg Grippers: A lighter update to the Ultralight model. The more open structure and naturally gripping Lycra provide unobtrusive hold across the 6cm width.
S9 Sundeck INSERT
An updated insert that’s lighter, increases cooling, and features a minimized footprint. The odor-resistant microfiber topsheet returns in the 3D basalt colorway, which pays homage to the lava stone that gives us with strength, stability, and courage.
- Shock-Absorb Damping System Mono 9: Compressive foam materials in a 9mm racing platform with 3D Waffle inserts to shed grams and increase airflow. Thermoformed shaping reduces ridges and irritation.
- goldenGate: The stitching pattern anchors the front and back but lets the insert’s body float, allowing the chamois to move with your body rather than against it.
- Sundeck Superlight: A panel of soft, comfort-focused fabric in front of the insert increases airflow and eliminates pressure on the most sensitive areas, allowing a more aggressive fit across the shorts.
- whirlKrater: Similar to kraterCooler, but with perforations strategically distributed throughout the insert and even in the foam layers themselves, creating a whirlwind of cooling airflow.