W H E N T O U S E ?
These are designed to be your go-to short; the piece that you pick up for training rides, long commutes and races. They are equally at home during a hill interval session as they are in a breakaway. They are a short for every riderto wear every day.These are part of our summer shasha climaRange,. However, team them with a legWarmer or kneeWarmer and they are suited to spring/fall rides as well.
For every ride, we’d strongly recommend the use of our antibacterial, anti-friction chamois crème.
K E Y F E A T U R E S
- S7 generation: The latest generation of ASSOS shorts, the S7 line employs technology and fabrics that have been engineered over a 5-year period. Leveraging all of our fabric knowledge gained in four decades, this generation of shorts is a masterpiece of design and sets new standards in performance and comfort
- Type.439 Diadema: To improve the performance as well as increase the durability of our products, we have created these shorts using our type.439Diadema, a specific textile design created in collaboration with our fabric suppliers to meet the demands of performance, comfort and wear and tear. Unique within the industry, the weave has two different rates of 4-waystretch, which requires expertise to maximize the elasticity of the fabric on the cutting table.
- aeroPatterningFenomeno1 design: Drawing on everything we learned from our project to create the fastest skinsuit for the London 2012 Olympics, this technical design is instantly noticeable when you put on the short. Crafted with a patent-pending single seam that sits on the rear of your legs, this means the main fabric of the short wraps around your thighs to give you aunique level of comfort and compression from our S7 generation of shorts.
- Y7 frame carrier bibTech: Another noticeable difference in our S7 generation of shorts can be found on the bibs themselves. Cut from wider elastic,they sit with less pressure on your shoulders. The design meets two objectives: less friction and more comfort.
- équipeEVO_S7 insert: Coming with 8mm of memory foam, this insert is nestled at the intersection between comfort and performance. Central to the fit is the patented elastic insert interface, which was invented by ASSOS and sees the insert move with your body, allowing it to sit in one place to follow your movements, reduce friction and increase comfort. This specific insert features our most recent technology, known as Krater ventilation.
- Krater ventilation: This includes the addition of small holes at the front of the insert, which increase airflow so that your most sensitive areas are kept cooler, leading to more comfort and one less reason to cut your ride short early.
- The ASSOS waffle was introduced on the S5 and has been further perfected for S7. Instead of using monolithic linear foam as the middle layer, S7 is equipped with a perforated foam resulting in a reduction of weight andincreased breathability.
- superFlat grippers are ultra lightweight and low volume. They have an optimally calibrated stretch return, which secures the shorts firmly to the legs without applying unnecessary pressure.
- iceColour is a fabric treatment that reflects sunlight therefore reduces heat absorption. Its objective is to keep your muscles cooler than when wearing non-treated shorts.
- bibStabilizer: An invaluable feature on the bib straps to provide stability while pushing hard, these also serve as a holder for Zegho sunglasses.
- odorControl: We’ve treated the shorts with an anti-bacterial treatment.