SCALING UP WOMEN’S CYCLING WITH THE LAUNCH OF THESE HALFSHORTS FOR FEMALE RIDERS, THE H UMA GT S7 LEVERAGES ASSOS-STANDARD COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE IN A SLEEK, STYLISH PACKAGE.
UMA represents a move into a new, more relaxed fit for our female-specific cycling apparel at an achievable price point. Scaling up our women’s collection, these half-shorts come in our new female-tuned regularFit, which generates a little less ‘race’ and a little more comfort. As our daily worker short they have everything you need to enjoy riding in ASSOS comfort.
Based on direct feedback, these are cut 2.5 cm shorter in the leg than our other women’s shorts, making them ideal for the hottest summer days or those hard post-work indoor cycling classes. Relentless in the pursuit of comfort, we’ve also created an Uma-specific insert, which is cut slightly narrower at the front to reduce bunching. These shorts are still crafted with our race-proven Type.439 Diadema textile, which continues to deliver the highest performance across the whole S7 collection.
WHEN TO USE?
As part of our shasha climaRange of products for summer riding, these shorts have been engineered for use during summer and hot conditions, including home training, indoor cycling and spinning sessions. However, team them with a legWarmer or kneeWarmer and they will hold their own during spring and fall rides too.
Keep the waist of the shorts in direct contact with your skin for the best grip and to avoid unwanted movement while riding. For every ride, we’d strongly recommend the use of our antibacterial, anti-friction chamois crème.
- S7 generation: The latest generation of ASSOS shorts, the S7 line employs technology and fabrics that have been engineered over a 5-year period. Leveraging all of our fabric knowledge gained in four decades, this generation of shorts is a masterpiece of design and sets new standards in performance and comfort.
- Type.439 Diadema: To improve the performance as well as increase the durability of our products, we have created these shorts using our Type.439 Diadema, a specific textile design created in collaboration with our fabric suppliers to meet the demands of performance, comfort and wear and tear. Unique within the industry, this durable weave has two different rates of 4-way stretch, which requires expertise to maximize the elasticity of the fabric on the cutting table.
- UMA insert: Cut narrower at the front to reduce bulk and increase comfort, this insert has been specifically constructed for female riders but employs all of the standard ASSOS S7 generation technology, featuring 8 mm of memory foam for increased comfort.
- regularFit: Less aggressive than our racingFit but more fitted than the comfortFit, our regularFit body mapping design bridges the gap between these two fits and comes in as the ultimate balance between comfort and compression.
- iceColour is a fabric treatment that reflects sunlight therefore reduces heat absorption. Its objective is to keep your muscles cooler than when wearing non-treated shorts.
- aeroFit: Used in a double layer for the legs and abdominal area, this is an incredibly comfortable and soft warp knit fabric with a specific structure that works in favor of ventilation, contouring and providing the maximum comfort for unrestricted movement in or out of the saddle.
- The ASSOS goldenGate technology within the insert interrupts the sewing in the area between the legs to create three-dimensional freedom of movement in the most sensitive area. This design has fewer seams, which results in reduced friction. This is a patent-protected feature that is central to our S7 generation of shorts.
- The ASSOS waffle was introduced on the S5 and has been further perfected for S7. Instead of using monolithic linear foam as the middle layer, S7 is equipped with a perforated foam resulting in a reduction in weight and increased breathability.
- odorControl: We’ve treated the shorts with an anti-bacterial treatment.
Composition: 80% PA, 20% EA